What is this thing I'm looking at?
need_socks is a project specific journal for a girl in the Pacific Northwest, USA, who has a sock addiction. Seriously. I have a ridiculous and mostly irrational dependency on socks. I also love receiving mail, and sending my own; I think posting things to people through the US Postal Service is a great and often-overlooked way to connect to our fellow people. For more on who I am, check out my user info!
Thus, this journal is the center for connecting me with others for a hostage exchange; socks for care packages. Posts will include pictures of socks received, thank you's sent (reserved for posting until the recipient get them, so as not to spoil the surprise), as well as content relating to my ridiculous sock collection and habit.
So, what do you need me for?
I, as you may be able to guess, need socks. I dislike white socks. If you send me white cotton tube socks, I will do Bad Things to them, take pics (or it didn't happen) and post them here. So, you should use this once in a lifetime opportunity to buy THE MOST STUPID socks you can find and send them via mail to me.
Now, why would I do that?
1. When are you every going to wear those nauseating Pepto-Bismol-colored sparkly embroidered Tinkerbell socks your grandmother gave you last Christmas? That's right, never. But I love all socks except white cotton tube socks, and will cherish them and wear them to my college classes with gusto.
2. I wear a size 7 women's shoe, and am therefore easy to find socks for. I like all sorts. You will never offend or disappoint me with socks (unless they are white cotton tube socks).
3. Posting socks is very easy. You can even put them in padded envelopes which are very easy to mail. If you need help with getting me socks, I refer you over here.
4. You will gain internet notoriety. I'll post your socks and thank you mailing to this journal for all the world's viewing pleasure!
What are you gonna do for me?
I love, love, love sending care packages and thank yous via the USPS. Therefore, for each pair of socks received, I will post a thank you mailing. What may comprise a thank you mailing, you ask?
1. I am a really good baker. Refer to my "goodies" tag for proof.
2. I like to draw, even if I'm not very good. I like to draw ponies, rock stars, and slash. I will try to draw anything for especially ridiculous socks, though. You can see a little of that on the art journal listed below under my contacts.
3. For those of you hailing from the Dethklok fandom, I'd love to thank you with fulfilling art or fiction requests. And rest assured that your mailing will be filled with fangirling!
4. One of my circus-freak-talents is calligraphy. I'd be happy to fulfill requests to scribe something you love or want! Plus, there's nothing quite like receiving a really beautiful written thank you note in your mailing.
5. I like shopping for inane, cute things to fill care packages with. Things like stickers, pens, pencils, that sort of thing. I also live in Eugene, Oregon and many wonderful things come from here, such as Yogi Tea, which may make appearances in mailings.
6. Love you forever.
Thank you mailings may contain any combination of the above, but I guarantee they will be worth mailing a pair of socks to me.
To get started, you'll need a mailing address. You can contact me directly through LiveJournal as comments to this post or through messages.